a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lost Cards: 07-08 OPC Sean Burke


  I was preparing a One Star, One Sheet post for Sean Burke when upon further investigation, I was missing a Vancouver Canuck card of Burke.  I originally thought now existed.  Burke only played 16 games with the Canucks during the 1997-98 season.  A season in which he started with Carolina and ended with Philadelphia.  Two cards were produced depicting Burke as a Canuck.  So a sheet I though was complete, was now incomplete.  Only his 1997-98 Donruss Elite fits the criteria for the project. Of course that year is sparse on Sportlots, available only from sellers who card an arm and leg for S/H to Canada.
  While I was thinking about it, I did a double check to see if Burke had a card of him as a Los Angeles King.  Burke never had a card as a Los Angeles King, so I decided I'd take this One Star, One Sheet thing a bit further.

2007-08 O-Pee-Chee #601 - Sean Burke

  The front was easy, as per usual, but the back was killer.  OPC used a few different fonts which I had a hard time matching, they centered the stats under the headings, the black items were faded to different degrees, and I had a hard time keeping the stats lined up.  I ended up with about 90 layers for just the stats.  I only put the last 10 years since that's all OPC was showing for the older players from this set.  I don't think I'll be doing anymore backs for 07-08 OPC.

No comments:

Post a Comment