a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

1981-82 OPC Bill Ranford + Bonus Ranford

  It's been a while since I posted so here's two retro Bill Ranford cards.  I stumbled across a picture on eBay.  I have never seen pictures of Bill Ranford in an Oilers uniform while wearing a cage.  I am guessing that this picture was taken on November 9, 1988.  For one, the Oilers only played two road games against the New Jersey Devils that season, and two, #23 for the New Jersey Devils, Bruce Driver, only played in 27 games that season, and only one at home versus the Oilers.  Ranford must have donned a mask later in the season.  He has one on for his 1989-90 Panini Sticker.

  For some reason, I felt the picture scream 81-82 OPC.



  Afterwards, I felt it'd be better as an 88-89 OPC, is if it was from the update set.


  Since I'm using his picture, I may as well provide a link to his auction.  Guy has tons of 3x5 pics from the 80s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment